Friday, November 6, 2009

Blessings

I just wanted to tell you that today I took some of the best pictures I think I have ever taken. And in the middle of that, met two of the most amazing women....you know how sometimes you can be a blessing to someone and sometimes, you get the blessing....well, today I received the blessing. I think God puts us in peoples paths to help others, and today he dropped these two ladies right in my path. I had a ball taking the pictures, but enjoyed the visit I had with them so much more. When people talk from their hearts, and are honest enough you can see straight into their heart, and in the end, you feel like you've know them for years, that is what I experienced today. And when I want to sit here and feel sorry for myself (I am so far behind, I don't see the light at the end yet...I have 16 sessions and 6 weddings to edit!!) I hear their story, and it sure hits me where it hurts. My life is so easy compared to some, some even so close to me it makes me feel guilty for even feeling sorry for myself. Some women have such courage, and strength...It doesn't matter who they were, it only matters that I take what I learned from them, and count my many, many blessings and treasure every day that I'm given. I guess if some of you have to wait an extra week, it won't be the end of the world. And making myself sick isn't going to get them done any faster...so just know (any of you that are waiting, hopefully patiently) I will get them done, and they will be worth the wait. There is just one of me to go around, and even though I'm spread pretty thin right now....my cup is running over with blessings of good friends, my family, and all the things I take for granted everyday...I think my cup is running over, and its running circles around me...but I can handle it. Life is too short to worry about all the things I don't have control over, like the hours in the day...I'm in control of reading my girls a bedtime story, and eating pizza with a good friend, and taking a little time to smell the roses...just a little...I hope that all of you don't get so busy with your life, that you don't get to live it....its 1:30 in the morning, so I'm headed to bed...all of this work will be there in the morning....waiting on me :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Penny! You have always been such an encouragement to me! I love your always honest heartfelt conversations. Your work is worth the wait. You need to remember that is what your customers want. It's you. Your work is you and it's priceless. So, from one of those "waiting" customers.....it's all good. Keep up the good work. Love you....